[openstack-dev] [nova] Kilo Blueprints and Specs

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 23:46:12 UTC 2014

On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:32:57 -0700
Joe Gordon <joe.gordon0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 5:23 AM, Gary Kotton <gkotton at vmware.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Is the process documented anywhere? That is, if say for example I
> > had a spec approved in J and its code did not land, how do we go
> > about kicking the tires for K on that spec.
> >

> Specs will need be re-submitted once we open up the specs repo for
> Kilo. The Kilo template will be changing a little bit, so specs will
> need a little bit of reworking. But I expect the process to approve
> previously approved specs to be quicker

Am biased given I have a spec approved for Juno which we didn't quite
fully merge which we want to finish off early in Kilo (most of the
patches are very close already to being ready to merge), but I think we
should give priority to reviewing specs already approved in Juno and
perhaps only require one +2 for re-approval.

Otherwise we'll end up wasting weeks of development time just when
there is lots of review bandwidth available and the CI system is
lightly loaded. Honestly, ideally I'd like to just start merging as
soon as Kilo opens. Nothing has changed between Juno FF and Kilo opening
so there's really no reason that an approved Juno spec should not be
reapproved.

Chris