[openstack-dev] Unusual behavior on committing a change

Sharan Kumar M sharan.monikantan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 19:34:15 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I am getting some weird things when I try to submit a patch for review. May
be I am doing something wrong.

I cloned the repo, setup git review and setup my gerrit username in git
config. I updated an image in the docs/source/images directory and
committed. After I commit, I get the git status report as

"Your branch and 'origin/master' have diverged,
and have 1 and 1 different commit each, respectively."

When I see the log, the last commit is authored by
jenkins at review.openstack.org with the same commit message as mine. The
author name is supposed to be mine right? The last time I submitted for
review, the commit message had my name as author.

Could someone help me out with this issue?
Thanks,
Sharan Kumar M