[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder] (OperationalError) (1040, 'Too many connections') None None

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 16:58:17 UTC 2014

On 09/29/2014 12:48 PM, Nader Lahouti wrote:
> Hi Jay,
>
> I login first and the recreated the problem and here is the log:
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/116776/

OK. Looks like there isn't anything wrong with your setup. I'm guessing
you have set up Keystone to run in Apache with 10 worker processes, and
you have the workers config option setting in nova.conf, neutron.conf
and all the other project configuration files set to 0, which will
trigger a number of worker processes equal to the number of CPU cores on
your box, which I'm guessing from looking at your SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST
is around 24-32 cores.

Solution: either lower the workers configuration option from 0 to
something like 12, or increase the max_connections setting in your
my.cnf to something that can handle the worker processes from all the
OpenStack services (I'd recommend something like 2000).

Best,
-jay