[openstack-dev] [keystone][swift] Has anybody considered storing tokens in Swift?

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Mon Sep 29 16:15:53 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 29 2014, Jay Pipes wrote:

> What if we wrote a token driver in Keystone that uses Swift for backend storage?

Yay! I already wrote a PoC to that:

  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/86016/

It has been rejected because this patch didn't use the generic approach
that Keystone tries to use to all the storage backends. Otherwise, I've
tested it a bit with devstack and it worked fine.

I didn't continue to work on it by lack of time, and because the effort
to use Swift as a "generic" cache mechanism seemed a bit tricky to me.

--
Julien Danjou
// Free Software hacker