[openstack-dev] VPNaaS site to site connection down.

masoom alam masoom.alam at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 11:04:18 UTC 2014

Hi Every one,

I am trying to establish the VPN connection by giving the neutron
ipsec-site-connection-create.

neutron ipsec-site-connection-create --name vpnconnection1
--vpnservice-id myvpn --ikepolicy-id ikepolicy1 --ipsecpolicy-id
ipsecpolicy1 --peer-address 172.24.4.233 --peer-id 172.24.4.233
--peer-cidr 10.2.0.0/24 --psk secret

For the --peer-address I am giving the public interface of the other
devstack node. Please note that my two devstack nodes are on different
public addresses, so scenario is a little different than the one described
here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/VPNaaS/HowToInstall

The --peer-id is the ip address of the Qrouter connected to the public
interface. With this configuration, I am not able to up the VPN site to
site connection. Do you think its a firewall issue, I have disabled both
firewalls with sudo ufw disable. Any help in this regard. Am I giving the
correct parameters?

Thanks