[openstack-dev] [glance][tags] - What is the purpose of tags?

Fei Long Wang feilong at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Sep 26 10:20:37 UTC 2014

I think one of the use case is you can tag images with some simple
label/mark, like 'windows', 'x64', 'ubuntu', etc. Then user can search
the images easily with the possible tags he will be interested in. It
could be very useful if there are tons of images, especially if you're
providing an image market place[1,2]. Hope it make some sense. Cheers.

[1]
https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/search/results/ref=gtw_navgno_search_box/183-5148555-5457622?page=1&searchTerms=x64
[2] http://marketplace.c12g.com/appliance