[openstack-dev] [glance][tags] - What is the purpose of tags?

Marcos Fermin Lobo marcos.fermin.lobo at cern.ch
Fri Sep 26 08:05:42 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm looking information about TAGs in Glance (2014.1.2-5.el6). In the official documentation for developers[1] I didn't find nothing about this topic.

In the Glance database there is a table called "image_tags" but I don't know what it is?. I imaging that it is useful for organize images but, I don't find nothing about tags in Horizon (Icehouse) images panel or python-glanceclient (1:0.12.0-1.el6) help.

I only found this webpage [2] "related" with TAGs concept, but nothing like: "ok, using this commands you can manage the image tags".

Please, could someone give some information about tags in Glance and what is the plan for this feature?

Best regards,
Marcos.

[1] - http://docs.openstack.org/developer/glance/index.html
[2] - http://docs.openstack.org/developer/glance/glancemetadefcatalogapi.html