[openstack-dev] [Murano] Changes in networking part of Murano

Timur Nurlygayanov tnurlygayanov at mirantis.com
Thu Sep 25 09:05:33 UTC 2014

Hi,

what if we will add drop down list with the list of all routers which are
available in the specific tenant and user will have the ability to select
the router during the application configuration? (like now user can select,
for example, availability zone or keypair).

Regards,
Timur

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Serg Melikyan <smelikyan at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Murano have advanced networking features that give you ability to not care
> about configuring networks for your application. By default it will create
> an isolated network for each environment and join all VMs needed by your
> application to that network.
>
> Previously, created network was joined to the first found router in the
> tenant and this behaviour is wrong in many ways. At least some tenants may
> have more than one router, and this may cause issues when Murano attaching
> network to the wrong router.
>
> We reworked this feature a little bit (https://review.openstack.org/119800). Now
> you can choose which router should be used by Murano to attach created
> networks. By default router should be named as "*murano-default-router*".
> You can change name of the router that will be used in configuration file,
> in the [*networking]  *section:
> [networking]
>
> # Name of the router that going to be used in order to join
> # all networks created by Murano (string value)
> router_name=router04
>
> Warning! This means, that if you will upgrade Murano to the *juno-rc1* without
> additional configuration your deployment will stop working failing with
> following error message: *KeyError: Router murano-default-router was not
> found*
>
> Requiring cloud providers to have configured router for each tenant is a
> burden on DevOps teams, therefore we improved (
> https://review.openstack.org/121679) this feature a little bit more and
> added ability to create router with specified name if it is not present in
> the tenant. This behaviour may be switched on/off via configuration file,
> and you can also specify which external network should be used to attach
> router to:
> [networking]
> # ID or name of the external network for routers to connect to
> # (string value)
> #external_network=ext-net
> # This option will create a router when one with "router_name"
> # does not exist (boolean value)
> #create_router=true
>
> --
> Serg Melikyan