[openstack-dev] [mistral] Mistral 0.1 released

Renat Akhmerov rakhmerov at mirantis.com
Thu Sep 25 06:44:48 UTC 2014

Mistral 0.1 and Mistral Client 0.1 have been released!

I thank you all for the hard work that we’ve done together to make this huge step in making Mistral a production ready technology.

Release notes

* Mistral DSL version 2
* New Mistral API version 2
* Completely reworked Mistral Engine
* Much more consistent and simple DSL
* Integration with core OpenStack services (Nova, Glance, Neutron, Keystone, Heat)
* Extensible architecture that easily allows to add workflow types (currently, 'direct' and 'reverse')
* Nested workflows
* Workflow task policies (retry, wait-before/wait-after, timeout)
* Task defaults defined on a workflow level
* Multiple workflows and actions in a workbook
* Workflow API to work with individual workflows
* Action API to work with individual actions (both system and adhoc)
* Engine commands (fail, succeed, pause)
* Simplified REST API
* Simplified CLI
* UI enhancements
* Bugfixes in DSL/API v1

Links

* Release 0.1 wiki page: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mistral/Releases/0.1
* Mistral launchpad: https://launchpad.net/mistral
* Mistral Client launchpad: https://launchpad.net/python-mistralclient
* DSL v2 Specification: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mistral/DSLv2
* ReST API v2 Specification: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mistral/RestAPIv2

Contribution

In case you’re looking for contribution opportunities below are the useful links that will help to shape your understanding of what’s going on in the project and where it is moving.

* Blueprints: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mistral
* Roadmap: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mistral/Roadmap

Renat Akhmerov
@ Mirantis Inc.