[openstack-dev] [nova] Create an instance with a custom uuid

Roman Podoliaka rpodolyaka at mirantis.com
Wed Sep 24 19:58:06 UTC 2014

Hi Joe,

Tools like Pumphouse [1] (migrates workloads, e.g. instances, between
two OpenStack clouds) would benefit from supporting this (Pumphouse
would be able to replicate user instances in a new cloud up to their
UUIDs).

Are there any known gotchas with support of this feature in REST APIs
(in general)?

Thanks,
Roman

[1] https://github.com/MirantisLabs/pumphouse