[openstack-dev] [Nova] [All] API standards working group

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 17:05:09 UTC 2014

On 09/24/2014 12:48 PM, Everett Toews wrote:
> On Sep 24, 2014, at 9:42 AM, Dean Troyer <dtroyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'll bring an API consumer's perspective.
>
> +1
>
> I’d bring an API consumer’s perspective as well.
>
> Looks like there’s lots of support for an API WG. What’s the next step?
>
> Form a WG under the User Committee [1] or is there something more appropriate?
>
> Thanks,
> Everett
>
> [1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/UserCommittee#Working_Groups

Whatever it ends up being, it needs to have some teeth to it. Otherwise,
we're going to end up in the exact same place we're in now, where each
project does something slightly different.

That could mean putting the working group under the user committee and
giving it teeth via some policy that would allow the group to look over
proposed API changes *before* the code that implements the API was
merged into an OpenStack project.

-jay