[openstack-dev] [all][tripleo] New Project -> Kolla: Deploy and Manage OpenStack using Kubernetes and Docker

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Sep 24 07:19:58 UTC 2014

On 24 September 2014 16:38, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/23/2014 10:29 PM, Steven Dake wrote:
>>
>> There is a deployment program - tripleo is just one implementation.
>

> Nope, that is not correct. Like it or not (I personally don't), Triple-O is
> *the* Deployment Program for OpenStack:
>
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/programs.yaml#n284
>
> Saying Triple-O is just one implementation of a deployment program is like
> saying Heat is just one implementation of an orchestration program. It
> isn't. It's *the* implemenation of an orchestration program that has been
> blessed by the TC:
>
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/programs.yaml#n112

Thats not what Steve said. He said that the codebase they are creating
is a *project* with a target home of the OpenStack Deployment
*program*, aka TripleO. The TC blesses social structure and code
separately: no part of TripleO has had its code blessed by the TC yet
(incubation/graduation), but the team was blessed.

I've no opinion on the Murano bits you raise.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist