[openstack-dev] [all][tripleo] New Project -> Kolla: Deploy and Manage OpenStack using Kubernetes and Docker

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Wed Sep 24 02:21:39 UTC 2014

On 09/23/2014 06:30 PM, Mike Spreitzer wrote:
> I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but you can not install
> Cinder inside a container.  Cinder requires an iSCSI package that
> fails to install; its install script tries to launch the daemon, and
> that fails.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

Mike,

Mordred pointed that out late last week - that essentially iscsi +
containers are bust.  This is something that needs fixing in upstream
kernel.org.  I don't know the details, but I assume at some point we
will need to figure out what the problem is and sort out a solution and
beg the upstream to fix it ;-).

Regards
-steve