[openstack-dev] [all][tripleo] New Project -> Kolla: Deploy and Manage OpenStack using Kubernetes and Docker

John Griffith john.griffith8 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 02:17:46 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Mike Spreitzer <mspreitz at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but you can not install Cinder
> inside a container.  Cinder requires an iSCSI package that fails to
> install; its install script tries to launch the daemon, and that fails.

Yes, certainly have.  I've had discussions with a number of folks on the
topic of "how to solve the storage problem" but I think people are focused
on bigger goals at the moment, including myself.  Maybe that's something we
can change in the coming months.

Or maybe somebody has made some progress and I just haven't heard about it.