[openstack-dev] [RFC] Kilo release cycle schedule proposal

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Sep 23 06:56:44 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Rather than waste a design summit session about it, I propose we review
the proposed Kilo release cycle schedule on the mailing-list. See
attached PDF for a picture of the proposal.

The hard date the proposal is built around is the next ("L") Design
Summit week: May 18-22. That pushes back far into May (the farthest
ever). However the M design summit being very likely to come back in
October, the release date was set to April 23 to smooth the difference.

That makes 3 full weeks between release and design summit (like in
Hong-Kong), allowing for an official "off-week" on the week of May 4-8.

The rest of the proposal is mostly a no-brainer. Like always, we allow a
longer time for milestone 2, to take into account the end-of-year
holidays. That gives:

Kilo Design Summit: Nov 4-7
Kilo-1 milestone: Dec 11
Kilo-2 milestone: Jan 29
Kilo-3 milestone, feature freeze: March 12
2015.1 ("Kilo") release: Apr 23
L Design Summit: May 18-22

All milestones avoid known US holiday weekends. Let me know if I missed
something or if you see major issues with this proposal.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)