[openstack-dev] Oslo messaging vs zaqar

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Tue Sep 23 04:56:01 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Geoff O'Callaghan's message of 2014-09-22 17:30:47 -0700:
> On 23/09/2014 1:59 AM, "Clint Byrum" <clint at fewbar.com> wrote:
> >
> > Geoff, do you expect all of our users to write all of their messaging
> > code in Python?
> >
> > oslo.messaging is a _python_ library.
> >
> > Zaqar is a service with a REST API -- accessible to any application.
>
> No I do not.   I am suggesting thaf a well designed, scalable and robust
> messaging layer can meet the requirements of both as well as a number of
> other openstack servuces.  How the messaging layer is consumed isn't the
> issue.
>
> Below is what I originally posted.
>
> > > --------
> > > It seems to my casual view that we could have one and scale that and
> use it
> > > for SQS style messages, internal messaging (which could include logging)
> > > all managed by message schemas and QoS.  This would give a very robust
> and
> > > flexible system for endpoints to consume.
> > >
> > > Is there a plan to consolidate?

Sorry for the snark George. I was very confused by the text above, and
I still am. I am confused because consolidation requires commonalities,
of which to my mind, there are almost none other than the relationship
to the very abstract term "messaging".