[openstack-dev] [neutron] [infra] Python 2.6 tests can't possibly be passing in neutron

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Sep 22 19:18:06 UTC 2014

On 2014-09-22 14:56:04 -0400 (-0400), Sean Dague wrote:
> My general understanding is 2.6 support is deprecated for Juno, and fair
> to be removed in Kilo.
>
> So the killing it with fire should be able to happen soon.

However, we will still need to continue testing changes to
stable/icehouse and stable/juno on it (the latter perhaps something
like a year from its first release, though that remains to be
discussed at the upcoming summit). What's perhaps *not* immediately
obvious to everyone is that means we also need to continue testing
clients and libraries on it for the duration as well, since the
stable server releases will continue needing to use them.
--
Jeremy Stanley