[openstack-dev] [Neutron] - what integration with Keystone is allowed?

Mohammad Banikazemi mb at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 22 17:49:08 UTC 2014

In the patch being referred to here and in the IBM controller, the project
ID is the unique identifier used. The name is simply an additional piece of
information that may perhaps be used for debugging. The back-end
(controller) keeps a name not as a unique identifier but in addition to the
unique identifier which is the project ID. For all practical purposes, we
can set the project name for all projects to Kevin Benton and nothing will
change functionally.

This should be obvious from the code and how the project id and not the
name has been used in the plugin. Perhaps the commit message can specify
this clearly to avoid any confusion.

Best,

Mohammad