[openstack-dev] [all] To slide or not to slide? OpenStack Bootstrapping Hour...

John Griffith john.griffith8 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 17:07:08 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> OK, so we had our inaugural OpenStack Bootstrapping Hour last Friday.
> Thanks to Sean and Dan for putting up with my rambling about unittest and
> mock stuff. And thanks to one of my pugs, Winnie, for, according to Shrews,
> "looking like she was drunk." :)
>
> One thing we're doing today is a bit of a post-mortem around what worked
> and what didn't.
>
> For this first OBH session, I put together some slides [1] that were
> referenced during the hangout session. I'm wondering what folks who watched
> the video [2] thought about using the slides.
>
> Were the slides useful compared to just providing links to code on the
> etherpad [3]?
>
> Were the slides a hindrance to the flow of the OBH session?
>
> Would a production of slides be better to do *after* an OBH session,
> instead of before?
>
> Very much interested in hearing answers/opinions about the above
> questions. We're keen to provide the best experience possible, and are open
> to any ideas.
>
> Best,
> -jay
>
> [1] http://bit.ly/obh-mock-best-practices
> [2] http://youtu.be/jCWtLoSEfmw
> [3] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/obh-mock-best-practices

So first off.. nice job to You, Sean and Dan.  Watched the session last
night and thought it was a great idea and had some really good content.

As far as slides, never thought I'd say "I liked having the slides" but in
my case viewing the session after the fact I found the slides useful and
personally I think it kept some boundaries around context around the
discussion.