[openstack-dev] [infra] [neutron] [tc] Neutron Incubator workflow

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Mon Sep 22 14:33:24 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 12:22 PM, Richard Woo <richardwoo2003 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have another question about incubator proposal, for CLI and GUI. Do we
> imply that the incubator feature will need to branch python-neutron client,
> Horizon, and or Nova ( if changes are needed)?

This is as good a place for the docs perspective as any on this thread.

I think it's great to increase your dev velocity, but in the proposal I
need to see a well-thought-out plan for when documentation should be on
docs.openstack.org for deployers and users and when documentation should be
in the API reference page at http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref.html. A
section addressing the timing and requirements would be sufficient.

The docs affected are:
CLI Reference http://docs.openstack.org/cli-reference/content/
Config Reference
http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/config-reference/content/
User Guide http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/content/
Admin User Guide http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide-admin/content/
Cloud Admin User Guide http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/
API Reference http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref.html

I won't argue that the Install Guide should be included as these items
aren't exactly "happy path" quite yet.

Also in the wiki page, I see a line saying " link to commits in private
trees is acceptable" -- is it really? How would readers get to it?

Thanks,
Anne