[openstack-dev] About the question "Switch firewall_driver control from Neutron to Nova"

Mathieu Rohon mathieu.rohon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 12:24:04 UTC 2014

hi,

to switch to nova firewall management, you also have to set
enable_security_group = False in ml2_conf.ini.
Nova will have to manage security_groups by setting security_group_api
= nova in nova.conf.
by doing this you will loose some capabilities of neutron
(allowed_address_pair for example).

However, you should be able to implement your use case with a correct
neutron setup, otherwise neutron need some new to code. I think we
should keep talking the the "ask" page first, to try to solve your
issue.