[openstack-dev] [nova] libvirt boot parameters

Angelo Matarazzo angelo.matarazzo at dektech.com.au
Mon Sep 22 09:32:57 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I need to add the option rebootTimeout when the instance boots.
If you use the*qemu-kvm*, boot parameter/|reboot-timeout|/allows  a
virtual machine to retry booting if no bootable device is found:

/*# qemu-kvm --boot reboot-timeout=1000*/

Ref:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6-Beta/html-single/Virtualization_Host_Configuration_and_Guest_Installation_Guide/index.html

In Openstack a new boot parameter should be entered into Libvirt XML
attributes where required:

<bios rebootTimeout=5000 /> under the <os> in the libvirt.xml file.

My idea is to add an option to nova boot command changing  (nova API,
nova base,python-novaclient) but I would like to know what you think
about that?

Thank you beforehand
Angelo