[openstack-dev] [oslo] zeromq work for kilo

Li Ma skywalker.nick at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 07:26:48 UTC 2014

Hi all, I almost lost this new thread for discussing with ZeroMQ issue.

On 2014/9/19 5:29, Eric Windisch wrote:

> I believe it makes good sense for all drivers, in the long term.
> However, the most immediate benefits would be in offloading any
> drivers that need substantial work or improvements, aka velocity. That
> would mean the AMQP and ZeroMQ drivers.

It's very interesting. If we separate all the drivers out of the main
framework, we can have different review groups working on sub-projects
and people can work with the sub-group according to their specialty and
preference. It can greatly improve the quality of reviewing and speed up
the process as well.

> Another thing I'll note is that before pulling Ironic in, Nova had an
> API contract test. This can be useful for making sure that changes in
> the upstream project doesn't break drivers, or that breakages could at
> least invoke action by the driver team:
> https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/4ce3f55d169290015063131134f93fca236807ed/nova/tests/virt/test_ironic_api_contracts.py

Yes, it is necessary to make API consistent.

Cheers,
Li Ma