[openstack-dev] [nova] are we going to remove the novaclient v3 shell or what?

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Fri Sep 19 10:07:31 UTC 2014

> > DevStack doesn't register v2.1 endpoint to keytone now, but we can use
> > it with calling it directly.
> > It is true that it is difficult to use v2.1 API now and we can check
> > its behavior via v3 API instead.
>
> I posted a patch[1] for registering v2.1 endpoint to keystone, and I confirmed
> --service-type option of current nova command works for it.

Ah - I'd misunderstood where we'd got to with the v2.1 endpoint, thanks for putting me straight.

So with this in place then yes I agree we could stop fixing the v3 client.

Since its actually broken for even operations like boot do we merge in the changes I pushed this week so it can still do basic functions, or just go straight to removing v3 from the client ?

Phil