[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Performance degradation (docs) for sampling rate less than 10 mins

Srikanta Patanjali p.srikanta at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 09:04:35 UTC 2014

Hi Tyaptin,

Thanks for sharing the document. I appreciate that. Its well
documented and shares all the info i was looking for in detail.

May be it should be documented along with the Ceilometer for reference purpose.

Cheers,
Srikanta
InIT ¦ ICCLab
ZHAW

Hi Patanjali!

We have inspected this question and got a document with results of this testing.
Tests are running on physical lab and includes 2000 VMs ran by Nova
and 60 second polling interval.

Expanded information in doc
https://docs.google.com/a/mirantis.com/document/d/1jvqIy6fWQBvTZEfdnk37FvF5xtA3l7Cx09VNoe6bBRU

If you have any question I'll be happy to answer.

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Srikanta Patanjali <[hidden email]
<http://openstack.10931.n7.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=52976&i=0>>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I was considering to change the default sampling rate of the Ceilometer from 10 mins to less than that. I foresee an adverse impact on its performance due to increase in the data inside the MondoDB.
>
> I was wondering if the QA team (or anyone else) has done any of the load tests with these parameters ? It would be helpful to have access to these results (if any).
>
> If not, I would like to know the views on increasing the sample rate value (in the pipleline.yaml file)
>
> Cheers,
> Srikanta
> InIT ¦ ICCLab
> ZHAW