[openstack-dev] [Heat] naming of provider template for docs

Angus Salkeld asalkeld at mirantis.com
Fri Sep 19 01:33:56 UTC 2014

Hi

I am trying to add some docs to openstack-manuals hot_guide about
using provider templates : https://review.openstack.org/#/c/121741/

Mike has suggested we use a different term, he thinks "provider" is
confusing.
I agree that at the minimum, it is not very descriptive.

Mike has suggested "nested stack", I personally think this means something
bit more general to many of us (it includes the concept of aws stacks) and
may
I suggest "template resource" - note this is even the class name for this
exact functionality.

Thoughts?

Option 1) stay as is "provider templates"
Option 2) "nested stack"
Option 3) "template resource"

-Angus