[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Work at bug "Ceilometer HBase driver cannot handle non-ascii characters"

Ilya Tyaptin ityaptin at mirantis.com
Thu Sep 18 17:57:34 UTC 2014

Hi, folks!

I want to engage this bug
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+bug/1350826> [1].

But fixing of this bug has raised question.
Issue is that happybase does not support unicode symbols and approaches to
processing unicode symbols is needed to discuss.

I suggest next variants:
1. Anyway to check containing unicode symbols in string, if contains then
screen theys.
2. Transform unicode symbols like a html encoding (/xa0 -> %2Fxa0, for
example)

But in these approaches we can't be sure that we haven't false positives at
getting data from HBase.

Thanks for all, wait for your response!

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+bug/1350826

--