[openstack-dev] [Heat][Zaqar] Integration plan moving forward
flavio at redhat.com
Thu Sep 18 09:07:09 UTC 2014
If I recall correctly, Heat was planning to adopt Zaqar regardless of
the result of the graduation attempt (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Based on this assumption, I'd like to start working on a plan forward to
make this integration happen.
So far, these are the use cases I've collected from past discussions:
* Notify heat user before an action is taken, and after - Heat may want
to wait for a response before proceeding - notifications not
necessarily needed and signed read-only queues might help, but not
* For integrating with user's tools
* Control surface
* Config management tools
* Does not require notifications and/or read-only/signed queue endpoints
*[These may be helpful, but were not brought up in the discussion]
* Subscribe to an aggregate feed of interesting events from other
open-stack components (such as Nova)
* Heat is often deployed in a different place than other
components and doesn't have access to the AMQP bus
* Large deployments consist of multiple AMQP brokers, and there
doesn't seem to be a nice way to aggregate all those events [need to
* Push metadata updates to os-collect-config agent running in
servers, instead of having them poll Heat
Few questions that I think we should start from:
- Does the above list cover Heat's needs?
- Which of the use cases listed above should be addressed first?
- Can we split the above into milestones w/ due dates?
More information about the OpenStack-dev