[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Architecture]Suggestions for the third vendors' plugin and driver

Amit Das amit.das at cloudbyte.com
Thu Sep 18 05:31:21 UTC 2014

+1

> I don't think it will be seen as punitive. Vendors can write their plugins
> or drivers when a deal occurs and they do not need to submit code to
> community and wait for approving.

Being a third party vendor, i do not think this is punitive. OpenStack has
already established through processes like cert tests via tempest, external
CI, etc. However, waiting for months for reviews and some more days for
next round of reviews is really disturbing.
Vendor plugins can always always provide repository links, cert tests,
external CI logs, pep8 logs, flake8 logs, code coverage stats etc. to
confirm if they are abiding by the OpenStack processes.

Regards,
Amit
*CloudByte Inc.* <http://www.cloudbyte.com/>