[openstack-dev] PostgreSQL jobs slow in the gate

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 04:19:28 UTC 2014

> Clark Boylan <cboylan at sapwetik.org> Wrotr :
>
>> It appears that keystone eventlet is the source of the slowness in this
>> job. With keystone eventlet all of the devstack jobs are slower and with
>> keystone wsgi all of the jobs are quicker. Probably need to collect a
>> bit more data but this doesn't look good for keystone eventlet.

 On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 11:02 PM, Morgan Fainberg <
morgan.fainberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've kicked off a test[1] as well to check into some tunable options
> (eventlet workers) for improving keystone eventlet performance. I'll circle
> back with the infra team once we have a little more data on both fronts.
> The Keystone team will use this data to figure out the best way to approach
> this issue.

Brant submitted https://review.openstack.org/#/c/121384/ to up the Keystone
workers when API_WORKERS is set.

I submitted https://review.openstack.org/#/c/122013/ to set a scaling
default for API_WORKERS based on the available CPUs ((nproc+1)/2).  There
is a summary in that commit message of the current reviews addressing the
workers in various projects.

I think it has become clear that DevStack needs to set a default for most
services that are currently either too big (nproc) or too small (Keystone
at 1).  Of course, moving things to mod_wsgi moots all of that, but it'll
be a while before everything moves.

dt

--

Dean Troyer