[openstack-dev] [neutron] DVR Tunnel Design Question

龚永生 gongysh at unitedstack.com
Wed Sep 17 03:35:04 UTC 2014

I think the VLAN should also be supported later.  The tunnel should not be the prerequisite for the DVR feature.

From:  "Steve Wormley"<openstack at wormley.com>;
Date:  Wed, Sep 17, 2014 10:29 AM
To:  "openstack-dev"<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>;

Subject:  [openstack-dev] [neutron] DVR Tunnel Design Question

In our environment using VXLAN/GRE would make it difficult to keep some of the features we currently offer our customers. So for a while now I've been looking at the DVR code, blueprints and Google drive docs and other than it being the way the code was written I can't find anything indicating why a Tunnel/Overlay network is required for DVR or what problem it was solving.

Basically I'm just trying to see if I missed anything as I look into doing a VLAN/OVS implementation.

Thanks,

-Steve Wormley