[openstack-dev] [glance][all] Help with interpreting the log level guidelines

Kuvaja, Erno kuvaja at hp.com
Tue Sep 16 14:16:49 UTC 2014

Sean,

I'm not sure if we were specific enough here. Not talking about client but the server logging. So how we should log events like client trying to change protected properties, access non existing image, create duplicate image IDs, etc.

So for example if Nova is trying to access image that does not exist should we ignore it on Glance side or when the user tries to do something that does not succeed. In my point of view it makes life much easier if we have information where the request failed rather than just a wsgi return code or having to run the system on DEBUG logging to get that information.

- Erno