[openstack-dev] [Neutron] keep old specs

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 14:01:15 UTC 2014

Some of the specs had a significant amount of detail and thought put into
them. It seems like a waste to bury them in a git tree history.

By having them in a place where external parties (e.g. operators) can
easily find them, they could get more visibility and feedback for any
future revisions. Just being able to see that a feature was previously
designed out and approved can prevent a future person from wasting a bunch
of time typing up a new spec for the same feature. Hardly anyone is going
to search deleted specs from two cycles ago if it requires checking out a
commit.

Why just restrict the whole repo to being documentation of what went in?
If that's all the specs are for, why don't we just wait to create them
until after the code merges?