[openstack-dev] [neutron][all] switch from mysqldb to another eventlet aware mysql client

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Mon Sep 15 10:33:03 UTC 2014

On 12/09/14 19:08, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2014, at 1:03 PM, Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrachys at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Signed PGP part On 12/09/14 17:30, Mike Bayer wrote:

>>> ah, well that is a great idea.  But we can have that
>>> throughout Kilo anyway, why not ?
>>
>> Sure, it's not the end of the world. We'll just need to postpone
>> work till RC1 (=opening of master for new stuff), pass spec
>> bureauracy (reapplying for kilo)... That's some burden, but not
>> tragedy.
>>
>> The only thing that I'm really sad about is that Juno users won't
>> be able to try out that driver on their setup just to see how it
>> works, so it narrows testing base to gate while we could get some
>> valuable deployment feedback in Juno already.
>
> It’s all experimental, right? And implemented in libraries? So
> those users could update oslo.db and sqlalchemy-migrate and test
> the results under Juno.

oslo.db is already bumped to the version that includes all those fixes
needed. As for sqlalchemy-migrate, we may try to work on a fix for the
library that will silently drop those COMMIT statements in SQL
scripts. That would solve the problem without touching any migration
code in nova, glance, or cinder. This is the piece that is currently
missing to run Juno with that alternative driver. Also, as Angus said,
we already can run migrations on mysqldb and then switch it for
testing, without any of the changes.

I'll work on making sure it's available to check out with Juno pieces
in addition to Kilo.

/Ihar