[openstack-dev] [Nova] What's holding nova development back?

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Sep 15 10:10:09 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 7:42 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately the reliability of the gate systems has the highest negative
> impact on productivity right at the point in the dev cycle where we need
> it to have the least impact too.

Agreed.

However, my instinct is that a lot of our CI unreliability isn't from
the number of permutations, but from buggy code. We have our users
telling us where to look to fix this in the form of many many bug
reports. I find it hard to believe that we couldn't improve our gate
reliability by taking fixing the bugs we currently have reported more
seriously.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia