[openstack-dev] [neutron][all] switch from mysqldb to another eventlet aware mysql client

Mike Bayer mbayer at redhat.com
Fri Sep 12 16:00:50 UTC 2014

On Sep 12, 2014, at 11:56 AM, Johannes Erdfelt <johannes at erdfelt.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
>> I don’t think we will want to retroactively change the migration scripts
>> (that’s not something we generally like to do),
>
> We don't allow semantic changes to migration scripts since people who
> have already run it won't get those changes. However, we haven't been
> shy about fixing bugs that prevent the migration script from running
> (which this change would probably fall into).

fortunately BEGIN/ COMMIT are not semantic directives.     The migrations semantically indicated by the script are unaffected in any way by these run-environment settings.

>> so we should look at changes needed to make sqlalchemy-migrate deal with
>> them (by ignoring them, or working around the errors, or whatever).
>
> That said, I agree that sqlalchemy-migrate shouldn't be changing in a
> non-backwards compatible way.

on the sqlalchemy-migrate side, the handling of it’s ill-conceived “sql script” feature can be further mitigated here by parsing for the “COMMIT” line when it breaks out the SQL and ignoring it, I’d favor that it emits a warning also.