[openstack-dev] global-reqs on tooz pulls in worrisome transitive dep

Brant Knudson blk at acm.org
Fri Sep 12 15:31:08 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 2:17 AM, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:

> On my side (as the Debian package maintainer of OpenStack), I was more
> than happy to see that Ceilometer made the choice to use a Python module
> for memcache which supports Python 3. Currently python-memcache does
> *not* support Python 3. It's in fact standing in the way to add Python 3
> compatibility to *a lot* of the OpenStack packages, because this
> directly impact python-keystoneclient, which is a (build-)dependency of
> almost everything.

Thomas -

python-keystoneclient should no longer have a hard dependency on
python-memcache(d). The auth_token middleware which can use memcache has
been moved into the keystonemiddleware repo (a copy is left in
keystoneclient only for backwards-compatibility). If python-keystoneclient
still has a dependency on python-memcache then we're doing something wrong
and should be able to fix it.

- Brant