[openstack-dev] [all] Design Summit planning

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Sep 12 15:00:53 UTC 2014

On 09/12/2014 07:37 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> If you think this is wrong and think the "design summit suggestion"
> website is a better way to do it, let me know why! If some programs
> really can't stand the 'etherpad/IRC' approach I'll see how we can spin
> up a limited instance.

I think this is fine, especially if it's a better reflection of reality
and lets the teams work more efficiently.

However, one of the benefits of the old submission system was the
clarity of the process and openness to submissions from anyone.  We
don't want to be in a situation where non-core folks feel like they have
a harder time submitting a session.

Once this is settled, as long as the wiki pages [1][2] reflect the
process and is publicized, it should be fine.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Summit
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Summit/Planning

--
Russell Bryant