[openstack-dev] [metrics] Old reviews (2011) with strange uploaded dates in review.openstack.org

Daniel Izquierdo dizquierdo at bitergia.com
Fri Sep 12 14:57:55 UTC 2014

On 12/09/14 15:38, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2014-09-12 11:54:19 +0200 (+0200), Daniel Izquierdo wrote:
> [...]
>> And a question: was there a migration around the 2012-12-16 of the
>> review system or some other noticeable event?. On such date there
>> was around 1,200 submitted reviews, while around those days, in
>> mean, there are some dozens of them.
> We discovered that Gerrit configures datestamps in most of its
> tables to reset on row updates (a particularly insane design choice
> for things like a "created_on" column). Before we realized this,
> intrusive maintenance activities--most notably project renames--were
> mass-resetting the creation dates of changes and comments to the
> date and time we ran the necessary update queries. Now we
> special-case those fields in our update queries to forcibly reset
> them to themselves so that they retain their original values, but at
> this point there's no easy way to go back and fix the ones we did
> before we noticed this unfortunate loss of date/time information.
That makes totally sense, thanks a lot for the info!. Then we should try
to avoid those reviews when calculating time to review and other
time-based metrics.

> This maintenance notification looks relevant...
>
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2012-December/003934.html
Oops, thanks for the pointer. It's exactly that date (I didn't check the
infra mailing list for that exactly date, my fault u_u).

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Daniel.

--