[openstack-dev] [qa] Tempest Bug triage

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Fri Sep 12 09:11:47 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 03:52:56PM -0400, David Kranz wrote:
> So we had a Bug Day this week and the results were a bit disappointing due
> to lack of participation. We went from 124 New bugs to 75.
>
> There were also many cases where bugs referred to logs that no longer
> existed. This suggests that we really need to keep up with bug triage
> in real time.

Alternatively, strongly recommend people to post *contextual* logs to
the bug, so they're there for reference forever and makes life less
painful while triaging bugs. Many times bugs are just filed in a hurry,
posting a quick bunch of logstash URLs which expires sooner or later.

Sure, posting contextual logs takes time, but as you can well imagine,
it results in higher quality reports (hopefully), and saves time for
others who have to take a fresh look at the bug and have to begin with
the maze of logs.

--
/kashyap