[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Request for J3 FFE - add reset-state function for backups

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Sep 12 08:54:31 UTC 2014

Jay Bryant wrote:
> It isn't a huge change.   I am ok with it if we can get the issues
> addressed.   Especially Duncan's concern.

Given the gate backlog, if it's not already in-flight, I fear that it
would push too much down into the stabilization period and delay RC1.

At this point, unless it's critical to the success of the release (like,
it completes a feature that is 99% there, or it increases consistency by
plugging a feature gap, or it fixes a potential security vulnerability),
I would rather avoid adding exceptions. Could you explain why adding
reset-state function for backups absolutely needs to be in Juno ? Feels
like a nice-to-have to me, and I fear we are past that point now.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)