[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Allow for per-subnet dhcp options

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Thu Sep 11 17:01:16 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I'm hoping to get this blueprint
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/dhcp-options-per-subnet
some love...seems it's been hanging around since January so my
assumption is it's not going anywhere.

As a private cloud operator I make heavy use of vlan based provider
networks to plug VMs into exiting datacenter networks.

Some of these are Jumbo frame networks and some use standard 1500 MTUs
so I really want to specify the MTU per subnet, there is currently no
way to do this.  I can get it globally in dnsmasq.conf or I can set it
per port using extra-dhcp-opt neither of which really do what I need.

Given that extra-dhcp-opt is implemented per port is seems to me that
making a similar implementation per subnet would not be a difficult
task for someone familiar with the code.

I'm not that person but if you are, then you can be my Neutron hero
for the next release cycle :)

-Jon