[openstack-dev] [neutron][policy] Group-based Policy next steps

Robert Kukura kukura at noironetworks.com
Wed Sep 10 14:22:25 UTC 2014

On 9/9/14, 7:51 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:
> On 09/09/2014 06:57 PM, Kevin Benton wrote:
>> Hi Jay,
>>
>> The main component that won't work without direct integration is
>> enforcing policy on calls directly to Neutron and calls between the
>> plugins inside of Neutron. However, that's only one component of GBP.
>> All of the declarative abstractions, rendering of policy, etc can be
>> experimented with here in the stackforge project until the incubator is
>> figured out.
>
> OK, thanks for the explanation Kevin, that helps!
I'll add that there is likely to be a close coupling between ML2
mechanism drivers and corresponding GBP policy drivers for some of the
back-end integrations. These will likely share local state such as
connections to controllers, and may interact with each other as part of
processing core and GBP API requests. Development, review, and packaging
of these would be facilitated by having them on the same branch in the
same repo, but its probably not absolutely necessary.

-Bob