[openstack-dev] [Neutron][QoS] Applying QoS as Quota

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 08:36:27 UTC 2014

Using the quota system would be a nice option to have.

Can you clarify what you mean by cumulative bandwidth for the tenant? It
would be possible to rate limit at the tenant router, but having a
cumulative limit enforced inside of a tenant would be difficult.

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 1:03 AM, Giuseppe Cossu <
giuseppe.cossu at create-net.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Looking at the QoS blueprint (proposed for incubation), I suggest to
> consider adding some parameters to Neutron Quotas. Let’s suppose using
> rate-limit for managing QoS. The quota parameters could be such as
> rate_limit (per port) and max_bandwidth (per tenant). In this way it is
> possible to set/manage QoS quotas from the admin side, and for instance set
> the maximum bandwidth allowed per tenant (cumulative).
>
> What do you think about it?
>

> Regards,
>
> Giuseppe

> Giuseppe Cossu