[openstack-dev] [Zaqar] Comments on the concerns arose during the TC meeting

Boris Pavlovic boris at pavlovic.me
Wed Sep 10 00:31:01 UTC 2014

Devananda,

> While that is de rigueur today, it's actually at the core of the
> current problem space. Blessing a project by integrating it is not a
> scalable long-term solution. We don't have a model to integrate >1
> project for the same space // of the same type, or to bless the
> stability of a non-integrated project. You won't see two messaging
> services, or two compute services, in the integrated release. In fact,
> integration is supposed to occur only *after* the community has sorted
> out "a winner" within a given space. In my view, it should also happen
> only after the community has proven a project to be stable and
> scalable in production.

After looking at such profiles:
http://boris-42.github.io/ngk.html
And getting 150 DB requests (without neutron) to create one single VM, I
don't believe that set of current integrated OpenStack projects is scalable
well. (I mean without customization)

So I would like to say 2 things:

- Rules should be the same for all projects (including
incubated/integrated)
- Nothing should be incubated/integrated. Cause projects have to evolve, to
evolve they need competition. In other words, monopoly sux in any moment of
time (even after community decided to chose project A and not project B)

Best regards,
Boris Pavlovic