[openstack-dev] [ceilometer]How to collect the real-time data

Dina Belova dbelova at mirantis.com
Tue Sep 9 11:50:28 UTC 2014

Jian, hello

What do you actually mean by 'real-time data'? Here in Ceilometer we're
having 'events' feature, for instance - so services like Nova, Cinder, etc.
are notifying Ceilometer about recent changes like 'VM was created', 'IP
was assigned', etc. - this data is more than recent one.

May you provide us with kind of use case or example, whatever do you mean
by 'real-time data'?

Cheers,
Dina

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 3:45 PM, lijian <blacker1981 at 163.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>     We know the ceilometer collect the data through poster periodically.
>     But how to collect the real-time data?  whether plan to implement it
> or not
>
> Thanks!
> Jian Li

Best regards,