[openstack-dev] [Cinder] [Devstack] - Create Volume is called in an infinite loop

Amit Das amit.das at cloudbyte.com
Tue Sep 9 07:32:31 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I have been running tempest tests on my cinder driver for about a month
now.

However, since last week i see the create volume logic was attempted thrice
by the scheduler after a failure during volume creation.

However, i would like the scheduler not to attempt after a failure in
volume creation. With this requirement in mind, I modified the
/etc/cinder/cinder.conf to have scheduler_max_attempts = 1

my cinder.conf details - http://paste.openstack.org/show/108740/

However, i see that this results in the executing of create volume logic in
an endless loop.

Please let me know if i have to use any specific scheduler filter etc that
does not retry in case of create_volume failures ?

Regards,
Amit
*CloudByte Inc.* <http://www.cloudbyte.com/>