[openstack-dev] China blocking access to OpenStack git review push

Baohua Yang yangbaohua at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 07:18:47 UTC 2014

There're several ways to overcome the problem.
Other than https,  using the socks proxy is also possible.
$ sudo aptitude install connect-proxy ##for windows, just install the git
$ cat ~/.ssh/config
Host review.openstack.org
    ProxyCommand connect -S *PROXY_IP*:*PORT* %h %p
    IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa
    TCPKeepAlive yes
    IdentitiesOnly yes
    PreferredAuthentications publickey

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 9:37 AM, Huang Zhiteng <winston.d at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a China Telecom user and have been blocked by the same issue for
> days.  I actually reported this to China Telecom customer service.  I
> don't expect these ISPs have the authority to unblock this, all I
> wanted is they file something to GFW so that those guys would be aware
> that one innocent site got blocked.  Well, until then I'll go with
> Clark's suggestion with https.
>
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:
> > Am I dreaming, or is the Chinese government is trying to push for the
> > cloud, they said. However, today, bad surprise:
> >
> > # nmap -p 29418 23.253.232.87
> >
> > Starting Nmap 6.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2014-09-09 03:10 CST
> > Nmap scan report for review.openstack.org (23.253.232.87)
> > Host is up (0.21s latency).
> > PORT      STATE    SERVICE
> > 29418/tcp filtered unknown
> >
> > Oh dear ... not fun!
> >
> > FYI, this is from China Unicom (eg: CNC Group)
> >
> > I'm guessing that this is the Great Firewall of China awesome automated
> > ban script which detected too many ssh connection to a weird port. It
> > has blocked a few of my servers recently too, as it became a way too
> > aggressive. I very much prefer to use my laptop to use git review than
> > having to bounce around servers. :(
> >
> > Are their alternative IPs that I could use for review.openstack.org?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Thomas Goirand (zigo)
> >
> > P.S: If a Chinese official read this, an easy way to unlist (legitimate)
> > servers access would be the first action any reasonable Chinese
> > government people must do.

> --
> Regards
> Huang Zhiteng