[openstack-dev] [Swift] magic number to separate account, container and object

Jyoti Ranjan jranjan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 05:20:54 UTC 2014

Can anyone tell me when I should start worrying of separating
account/container from object nodes, please? I read somewhere:

Swift capacity                |    Recommendation

< 10 TB                          |    P+A+C+O on same node
10 TB - 100 TB                |    P+A+C and O on two different sets of node
> 100 TB                        |    P,  A+C and O on three sets of node

I agree that it very much depends upon hardware selection.But, I just want
to hear from experts deploying Swift. It will be great information for us
to recommend appropriate deployment architecture.

Waiting for some numbers to be told...

Regards,
Jyoti Ranjan