[openstack-dev] China blocking access to OpenStack git review push

Huang Zhiteng winston.d at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 01:37:08 UTC 2014

I am a China Telecom user and have been blocked by the same issue for
days.  I actually reported this to China Telecom customer service.  I
don't expect these ISPs have the authority to unblock this, all I
wanted is they file something to GFW so that those guys would be aware
that one innocent site got blocked.  Well, until then I'll go with
Clark's suggestion with https.

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:
> Am I dreaming, or is the Chinese government is trying to push for the
> cloud, they said. However, today, bad surprise:
>
> # nmap -p 29418 23.253.232.87
>
> Starting Nmap 6.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2014-09-09 03:10 CST
> Nmap scan report for review.openstack.org (23.253.232.87)
> Host is up (0.21s latency).
> PORT      STATE    SERVICE
> 29418/tcp filtered unknown
>
> Oh dear ... not fun!
>
> FYI, this is from China Unicom (eg: CNC Group)
>
> I'm guessing that this is the Great Firewall of China awesome automated
> ban script which detected too many ssh connection to a weird port. It
> has blocked a few of my servers recently too, as it became a way too
> aggressive. I very much prefer to use my laptop to use git review than
> having to bounce around servers. :(
>
> Are their alternative IPs that I could use for review.openstack.org?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)
>
> P.S: If a Chinese official read this, an easy way to unlist (legitimate)
> servers access would be the first action any reasonable Chinese
> government people must do.

Regards
Huang Zhiteng